As southern Delaware continues to grow rapidly, new attractions, events, shops and more are coming to the area. If you’re interested in learning about or checking out the latest happenings, look no further. Here are some of the newest local developments that might be of interest.
The Lost Locket of Lewes
A new children’s book takes kids on an adventure into the past and throughout Lewes, Delaware. The Lost Locket of Lewes was written in 2018 by Ilona E. Holland and illustrated by Judy Love. This charming tale begins with two children, Virginia and Rodney, finding a locket from the 19th century on the beach. It ends up taking them on an extraordinary trip through time as they discover the history of Lewes. Copies can be purchased at online retailers, KidsKetch in Lewes, Browseabout Books in Rehoboth, or through the Lewes Historical Society.
Awards and Acclaim
Rehoboth Beach continues to dominate in “best of” lists: across the United States.
Here are some of the most recent lists that recognize Rehoboth:
- 25 Best Family Beach Vacations to Take with Kids in the USA (TripAdvisor.com)
- The Best Little Beach Towns to Visit in Summer (Coastal Living)
- Top Summer Beach House Destinations for Families (TripAdvisor.com)
- 15 Waterfront Towns You Absolutely Must Visit (CarRentals.com)
If you’re looking to try something different, there are a few new places to grab a a great meal, locally made beers, and specialty cocktails in southern Delaware. Here are some of the area’s newest restaurants and bars:
- Chaps Pit Beef, Rehoboth
- Heidaway (healthy local foods), Bethany Beach
- Rise Up Coffee Roasters, Rehoboth
- Zoca (Mexican food), Bethany Beach
- Agave Mexican, Rehoboth (2nd location)
- Brick Works Brewery, Millsboro (2nd location)